ErinsAnimals

Hamsters, Rabbits, Cats & Dogs

Edible Hamster Bowls!

By 05:53

Does everyone have that grandmother who never stops offering food even right after a huge meal? The same grandmother that repeatedly tells you that you look like skin and bones?

Well according to Dan that's me when it comes to my pets. I always worry that they aren't eating enough and that they look too thin which often leads to me over feeding them with a "just one more spoonful won't hurt!" attitude. I half blame their bowls for being bigger than they need to be so now I have found a way to have no excuses for it with tiny hamster sized, eco-friendly bowls!



These are made very simply with natural egg boxes. Just make sure there are no eggs in them first!

There are two types of bowls you can make with these egg boxes, large and small sized - or what I would call Syrian and Chinese/dwarf sized. Use the bit where the eggs sit to make large bowls and the bits that stand up in between the eggs as the small bowls.

(Syrian sized)

(Chinese/Dwarf sized)

Just cut around them with scissors and make sure that they aren't too deep!



I gave both hamsters some watery porridge in these today and realise that they are also water proof so you can use them for all types of foods! The best part is that the bowls are made from natural materials and safe colours meaning your hamster can chew away at them when they are finished, now that really is recycling!





Erin xx

You Might Also Like

2 comments